Within 100 km there are two international airports, both linked by public transport systems or motorway connections:
- Munich (IATA: MUC) By road via Autobahn A92/A9/A93 or by bus 635 from the airport to Freising and train from Freising to Regensburg Hauptbahnhof.
- Nuremberg (IATA: NUE) via Autobahn A3 or metro U2 to Nuremberg Hauptbahnhof and ICE or Regional Express to Regensburg Hauptbahnhof.
Transfer time to both airports is just over one hour.
A direct transportation from MUC to Regensburg is easy by a bus shuttle service like: http://www.airportliner.com/en/
Regensburg Hauptbahnhof (main train station) is located in the city centre and splendidly connected to the German rail network by ICE, IC, and EC long-distance trains:
National Connections (hourly service):
The main station has a traveler-friendly infrastructure including several restaurants, a tourist office and a Deutsche Bahn ticket and travel agency.
The University of Regensburg can offer a discount when travelling with DE Bahn. Find more information in this document.
Regensburg is easily accessible via the German autobahn network:
- A3 (west-east) from Cologne/Frankfurt/Wuerzburg/Nuremberg via Regensburg to Passau/Vienna (A)
- A93/A9 from Munich via Regensburg to Berlin/Dresden (A4)
- A93/A6 to Pilsen (CZ)/Prague (CZ)
There are also national highway connections to:
- B8: Nuremberg - Neumarkt - Regensburg - Straubing - Passau
- B15: Weiden - Schwandorf - Regensburg - Landshut
- B16: Ingolstadt - Regensburg - Cham
To the venue by bus
Buses number 6 and 19 run directly from the Regensburg Hauptbahnhof (main railway station) to the University Hospital. The “Bustreff Albertstrasse” is on the opposite side of the railway station.
From here you can take bus nr. 6 (direction “klinikum”) or nr. 19 (direction: Lengfeld / Bad Abbach), and reach the hospital in app. 10 minutes.
Bus line 6 ends at the main entrance of the University Hospital.
The congress takes place on the first floor of the hospital by the main entrance.
Please lease note: The departure point of bus number 6 on "Bustreff Albertstrasse" is “around the corner" on the Galgenbergbrücke. The bus operates during rush hours (approximately 7:00 to 10:00 and 15:00 to 18:00) every 10 minutes, otherwise every 20 or (from about 20.00) every 30 minutes. At night (about 0:00 to 6:00) there are no buses operating. You will find bus and train timetables at the information desk at the hospital.